Nobody likes bed bugs. These horrible pests give horrible bites that make a good night’s sleep wholly impossible and can lead to infections and allergies. Nobody should have to live with this incredibly stressful infestation. And the best way to stop these bites is not to let them happen in the first place. You can do the following to prevent your furniture from getting infested by bed bugs:-
Make your home bed bug proof
To make your home bed bug proof, you can take the following simple steps:-
- Before buying any furniture, make sure it doesn’t have any signs of bed bug infestation.
- Use a protective cover to encase mattresses and prevent bed bugs from hiding in them. Make sure that it is a high-quality mattress encasement to resist tearing down by bed bugs.
- Reduced clutter and nostalgic collections to eliminate potential hiding spots.
- Vacuum your house and mattress often to remove any potential infestation.
- Try not to eat your food on the bed since this drives bed bugs to make their home in your bed and is a significant cause for infestations. If you do eat there, however, you should be sure to clean it properly afterward and put your bed sheet and pillow covers for laundry.
Get rid of existing bugs
You can use different methods to get rid of a bed bug infestation. The following methods seem to be the best ones though:-
- Kill them in your bed – To begin, you must remove everything from your bed and seal it all in a plastic bag for disinfecting. Send it all for laundry and make sure to set the machine on the high heat setting to kill any bugs and eggs that may have been present in it. Next, take the mattress and properly clean it with a vacuum and repeat on the wooden part of the bed.
- Stream and clean your room – You can also use stream to clean up your room and make all the bed bugs die in an instant using a high-pressure steamer. You can follow up with a necessary powder and spray treatment that kills bed bug eggs and prevents further infestation.
- Call pest control – This method is the best one since no one can handle pests on their own better than a trained professional. It is recommended to call pest control at the first sign of infestation.
Now that you know how to take care of bed bugs. Make sure that your home and family stay safe from punaises de lits by using the simple tips mentioned above.