Chalazion cysts are not a threat to your vision. They get resolved within 2 to 8 weeks and even faster if you use prescription eye ointment or home remedies for eyelid cyst.
Chalazion or an eyelid cyst appears as a small lump under the skin of the eyelid. The lump may get swollen, red and painful, which makes you feel uncomfortable and less confident about your appearance though it does not disturb your vision. The eye condition develops because of a blocked oil gland. It is usually not a contagious condition and is more common in adults than children.
To get rid of Chalazion cyst, many people prefer taking antibiotic eye drops or even surgery, whereas others look for some safe and effective remedies to treat it. For those who are looking for natural ways, this article shows you some home remedies that are extremely effective for stopping chalazion cyst.
- Aloe Vera- The first recommended a home remedy for treating a chalazion is Aloe Vera. The wonder plant is well known for its healing properties. It helps to heal the burn, dental and skin problems, liver, diabetes, digestion issues, chalazion cyst and so on. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help to reduce redness and fight infection. The plant gel contains antioxidants called polyphenols helps to stop the bacteria in the affected area of the eyelid. Aloe Vera is also enriched with essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B, C, E, zinc, folic acid, potassium, chromium, copper, selenium, and magnesium. The power source is a nutritious boost for your body to fight against eyelid cyst and recover quickly. The plant has numerous benefits if you have one at your home, do not ignore its powerful properties.
- Guava leaves- Guava is one of the super fruits for our health and provides great health benefits. The leaves of guava are anti-inflammatory; they help to reduce pain and swelling. Guava leaves have been used as traditional medicine for centuries. They provide numerous benefits related to diabetes, cholesterol, acne, hair loss, gastrointestinal problem, cough, toothache, cancer, acne, diarrhea, and chalazion without causing any side effect. When it comes to healing eyelid cyst, the anti-inflammatory properties of guava leaves help to cut down swelling, pain and ensures a quick recovery.
- Apple cider vinegar- Another natural remedy for many conditions. Sometimes it is ingested, and the other times it is applied externally to heal the condition. Apple cider vinegar is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce swelling and pain and promote healing of eyelid cyst. What you all need to do is add one spoon of Apple cider vinegar into two spoons of boiling water. Stir the mixture well. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and press it on our closed eyes for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure until the entire mixture is over.
- Onion- Raw onion is one of the top home remedies for chalazion cyst that many people apply and achieve successful results. It has numerous uses including being widely used for food and medicinal purpose. Its health benefits start with Parkinson’s blood pressure. Stroke, cardiovascular disorder, gastric ulcer, heart disease to skin and hair problems common cold, allergies, fever, chalazion etc. Onions are super healthy; they are a powerhouse of vitamin C, flavonoids, phytochemicals, and sulphuric compounds. The phytochemical or phytonutrients are considered beneficial in activating healthy reactions in the human body. The valuable flavonoids work as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that helps to minimize the pain and swelling and promote quick recovery for chalazion..
- Garlic- Another potent home remedy induced here is garlic. It is not just a spice used in cooking, but also an effective remedy for treating a variety of medical conditions. Garlic has allicin, a compound with medicinal properties that helps to combat asthma, infections, acne, reducing blood pressure, the risk of heart disease, hypertension psoriasis, hair loss, diabetes, dementia, and eye diseases including chalazion.
- Tomato Tomato and cucumber can also help get rid of eyelid cysts quickly.
- Cucumber For treating a chalazion at home, it is important to try several methods to find out one that works best for you. If these are unable to treat your eyelid cyst, try eye ointment prescription. Discuss with your ophthalmologist and buy generic medicine online to treat your eye condition.